Spaghetti is an Italian food that appears in both the Real World and the Mushroom Kingdom. In both SuperMarioGlitchy4's universe and the Nintendo canon, it is Mario's favorite food; they commonly appear in SMG4's videos, and most of those times they're eaten by Mario.
The reason why it is Mario's favorite food and why he eats it all the time and is addicted to it is because, as shown in "The (TOTALLY ACCURATE) documentary of Mario", Mario saw a girl while he was in high school, and soon shortly fell in love with her. The romantic moment still continued by that time, even though the girl walked away and left her spaghetti plate on a table. Mario still thought it was the girl, and that's why he's addicted to it and eats it all the time, being his favorite food.Mario married a Spaghetti in Doki Doki Mario Club.
- Spaghetti appears as an item in the Paper Mario series.
- Sometimes spaghetti seems to be sentient, as in some bloopers, when Mario eats it, screams can be heard, and blood is visible, and in Cooking with Bowser and Mario 2, the spaghetti was upset when Mario was eating ravioli, and it yelled "I THOUGHT WHAT WE HAD WAS SPECIALLLLLLL" and shoots Mario with a machine gun for "cheating on it".
- In the blooper "0% of Spaghetti", "spaghetti" is misspelled as "sphagetti" (except in the title of the video).
- SMG4 hates spaghetti (and Italian food also) in real life. However, it's shown in the video "War of the Fat Italians 2014 (200k special!)" that he's able to eat some when there's nothing else to eat.
- In Theawesomemario eats spaghetti (one of the videos on Mario's YouTube channel), Mario eats spaghetti for 3 hours. (The whole video is actually 14 minutes and 45 seconds long.)
- Mario is able to eat 35 bowls of spaghetti in only 5 seconds, as seen in "War of the Fat Italians 2013".
- As seen in some bloopers such as "The Visitor." and "Freddy's Spaghettiria", Toad likes spaghetti too, and as seen in Problematic Pipe Problems, Luigi also likes it, and in SM64: Meet the Luigi, Bowser took the last spaghetti box at the shop, which could mean he likes spaghetti too.
- A box of spaghetti costs ten coins at the shop.
- In the blooper "Retarded64: The Spaghettipocalypse", Mario is shown to dislike spaghetti with vegetables in it.