|SM64 Bloopers: Can the Villager come out to play?|
|Season 5, Episode 14|
|Series||Super Mario 64 Bloopers|
|Air date||April 27th, 2015|
|The Wacky Wario Bros.: Golfing for Gold||SM64: The SMG4 QNA (400k Subs :D)|
|v • t • e|
SM64 Bloopers: Can the Villager come out to play?, more often simply called Can the Villager come out to play?, is the 225th video made by SuperMarioGlitchy4.
The Villager from the Animal Crossing video games series, who is considered as a murderer by people, escaped from prison and went to the Princess Peach's Castle, causing trouble to Mario and his friends, so the police comes to surround the castle.
One night the most dangerous assassin in the Mushroom Kingdom, the Villager, escapes from the Mushy Mushrom Maximum Prison for hitting new victims. The following day, Mario wake up to eat spaghetti, but his fridge is almost empty (with only one Rock and a spider on its web inside) and doesn't contain any spaghetti anymore. Mario then angers and asks Luigi where are the spaghetti, to which he answer that they were stolen by a hobo, but the brother explodes from the rage, sending him fly away. Mario runs to the Spaghetti Cusine to eat and eventually bump against the owner as he was opening the shop. So the poor hydraulic don't give up and decides to go to steal spaghetti at the Princess Peach's Castle, where he finds Toad using the vacuum-cleaner while being dressed as a cleaner, so Toad welcomes the red plumber. Meanwhile, while a police officier mistakes the Ballon Boy for the wanted Villager and tries to arrest him, another policeman finds the real Villager and starts to run after him, but the muderer sow him by entering into a pipe which leads him to the castle grounds. There he notices the castle and decides to enter into it. At the same moment, a cop is revealed to have seen the murderer entering, and he then tell it to the police leader, FightingMario54321, who orders a third cop, Steve, to lock the castle down, which he does by using a remote control causing some jail grids to appear and block all the entrances. That scares Mario, who is prisoned inside with the Villager, and the red plumber finds the fridge of the princess is empty too, causing him to cry, and then he decides to leave the castle, only to find the main entrance is blocked by just like the other ones. Outside, the police surrounded the castle with several vans and helicopters, and while Peach and Toadsworth desperately want to know if the police will destroy it, to which FM replies that they won't and that it's just a precaution, and that the murderer is one of the most dangerous persons in the kingdom. Toadsworth asks which crimes the Villager could have done to earn this status, so the police leader, rather annoyed, starts to relate them. Mario inside meets Villager and discovers that he stabbed Toad and its spaghetti stolen and begins to mourn. As Toad tells Mario he's technically dead too, Mario tells him to shut up to let him lament. Meanwhile, FM outside has started to relate the crimes done by the villager, which are written in a notebook; the police learder's words shock Peach and Toadsworth. Later, when Mario is tasting the spaghetti while sobbing, the Villager enters in that room, so plumber angrily ask him if he was the person who killed the spaghetti, and as he replies by a laugh, Mario decides to defeat him, but the murderer takes out his ax and starts to chase him. Outside, FM finishes to relate the crimes, as one of his colleagues shows him on his computer that he discovered a scene recorded by a CCTV camera in the castle. The video features Mario being chased by the Villager with his ax, and as the police leader see this hostage taking, he decide not to destroy the building, but to burn it, causing Peach to cry out in fear. Meanwhile, Mario is hiding in a room, but his cellphone always rings and when he respond discover that Luigi got new spaghetti. Mario is happy, but Villager destroys part of the door to come and kill him making him scream like a little girl saying "Here's Johnny!". Meanwhile while Peach beats FightingMario54321, the chief of police, to save her castle, then being removed, SuperMarioGlitchy4 comes asking what was successful and calm FightingMario 54321 with Cube the Penguin. Toadsworth asks him if he can call Mario with his cell phone and when he responds say that the only way out of the castle are the ventilation systems. Villager comes to kill Mario and that follows the indications of Toadsworth, but the murderer follows him knocking him to the library. Mario then discovers a plan that can bring the exit adjacent to him, but can not do a single jump because under him there is Villager. So he tries to hold on to the wall, dropping to the floor various items he had with himself. Villager finds out when get in the room Toadsworth and SuperMarioGlitchy4 get in the room and tries to kill him filling before him to the ground. Then he throws the ax at him, but accidentally hits the emergency toxic flamable gas. Mario goes crazy for the gas believing Villager was the Ballon Boy, while the murderer faint looking back his crime: four years earlier he found a pack of Doritos, but Tom Nook made him throw it in a river and that killed him. While Mario is removed by SuperMarioGlitchy4, Toadsworth pulls a bomb causing a huge explosion. Mario, Toadsworth and SuperMarioGlitchy4 leave the castle thinking that Villager is dead and that will be subject to much. Unfortunately, Villager is in fact still alive.
- Police officers
- Villager (First appearance)
- CrimsonMan5 (Cameo appearance as a news anchor on Mario's television)
- Rocks (Cameo appearances)
- Spaghetti Cusine owner (Cameo appearance)
- Toad (Two minor appearances)
- Balloon Boy (Two cameo appearances)
- Steve (Two minor appearances)
- Princess Peach (Minor appearance)
- Two Goomba (Cameo appearance on a picture in the castle)
- Cube the Penguin (Two minor appearances)
- Bullet Bill (Cameo appearance)
- Spiny (Cameo appearance)
- Robotnik's head (Cameo appearance)
- Wario (Cameo appearance)
- Chain Chomp (Cameo appearance)
- Sonic (Only mentioned by the Chomp, doesn't appear physically)
- Tom Nook (Cameo appearance)
- Bob-omb (Minor appearance)
- SMG4 reached 400,000 subscribers on YouTube when he was already working on this video, hence the fact that it isn't a special blooper made to celebrate this. However, despite this, he still made one called "The SMG4 QNA (400k Subs :D)" the next week. The same thing happened at the debut of the year 2015: SMG4 earned 300,000 subscribers when he was already creating the blooper "Retarded64: Son of a Bowser." which wasn't a special video for his 300k, so the real special blooper "Bad Star's Back!", which is a sequel to the video "Bad Stars", has been uploaded late, about a week after the event, when SMG4 had already over 310k.
- The title of this blooper may be a reference to a Super Mario 64 mission by a similar name. "Can The Eel Come Out To Play?" has become rather infamous in that it has the player interact with a large eel, whose low-poly count (as many other models in the game suffered) caused it to look particularly creepy. If not frightening for a player, the swimming controls and air limit make the star hard to collect due to how the eel is programmed to move. Likewise, this video has a Super Mario 64-style Mario dealing with the Villager, whose behavior is frightening in contrast to his cute appearances, and even policemen find great difficulty in dealing with the criminal.
- SMG4's pose from the thumbnail of this blooper has been made by Geofcraze 634 (a YouTuber who releases various videos such as Super Mario 64 machinimas, music videos, short episodes and more), and got found and taken by SMG4.
- This presence of the Villager from Animal Crossing as a main character of the plot of this blooper might have been inspired by the second DLC of the video game Mario Kart 8 on Wii U, released at the same period, which adds to the game some new tracks and characters from Animal Crossing, of course including the Villager as he's one of the most important characters of this series.
- This video's plot is based on a meme according to which the Villager is a murderer (this is of course untrue in the real series), which shocked a few of the viewers. In SMG4's canonity, the reason for which he became a killer is that the tanuki Tom Nook made him accidentally drop his bag of Doritos in a river by shoving him.
- Mario bumping against the owner of Spaghetti Cusine as he was opening it may be a reference to a scene in the blooper "Retarded64: Mario Goes Shopping", in which he tries to enter in a food store while its owner was closing it.
- Mario and the policemen coufounding the Balloon Boy from the video game Five Nights at Freddy's 2 with the Villager may be because of their very similar noses, which are triangular, but also because those two characters are both kids.
- The Villager escaping the cops through a warp pipe may be a reference to a scene in the blooper "The Wacky Wario Bros.: Money Mayhem".
- This is the first major appearance of FightingMario54321 in a video of SMG4 in a while since the blooper "Two Great Friends!" (he only made some minor/cameo appearances in the meantime), and the first time along with Steve that he's seen working as a police officier (more precisely a police leader) although he told Nintendofan997 that he got fired of his police job in "Two Great Friends!" because they found some "naked pics in his locker" (however, this could just be in the SMG4 timeline) and told him to not repeat it to anyone. He then possibly retrieved this job in the meantime as the police possibly forgave him, unless this new video took place before "Two Great Friends!" (if yes then it'd might be the first blooper of SMG4 to take place before an earlier video). This is also the first time he has red and yellow subtitles lines (although his name isn't mentioned), while they were red and black most of the time in some bloopers of SMG4 released earlier. His presence in this video is explained by his relation to Animal Crossing since his current avatar is Cube the Penguin, a character from this series and who makes two minor appearances in this blooper which focus on the Villager, from Animal Crossing too.
- It's unknown who stole all the spaghetti unless it was the Villager who did it.
- In the room with the aquariums and the painting leading to Jolly Roger Bay, the fake bloodstains made with ketchup and the dead spaghetti to which the stains seems to come from, along with the music played during this scene, are a reference to the video game DanganRonpa.
- It's shown Mario has chosen Justin Bieber's song Baby as a ringtone for his Cellular Shopper.
- Mario panicking like a little girl upon seeing the Villager saying "Here's Johnny!" is a reference to the video "Retarded64: Mario Simulator" (however, this isn't the first time this one is referenced).
- This is the second blooper of SMG4 to feature the Princess Peach being arrested by the police, the first being "The Visitor." (2014) (however, her first arrest was in fact just an error and she then hadn't been taken away by the cops).
- Although he's a penguin, Cube quacks like a duck in this video.
- It's revealed the Princess Peach's Castle has been build on the top of an old mansion (which looks very similar to Big Boo's Mansion) to which it's connected by the air ventilation system, and by the hole in the castle moat, which leads to the Vanish Cap Under the Moat course from the original Super Mario 64 video game (this is very probably not true in the real game).
- Mario progressing in the ventilation pipes might be a reference to a scene in the first Garfield movie.
- The scene with the Tom Nook shoving the Villager and making him drop his bag of Doritos in the water is a reference to a similar scene in the blooper "A Lost Luigi", in which Enzo lost his Dorito bag exactly in the same way because Luigi accidentally shoved him while he was trying to escape from a policeman, who was running after the green plumber to arrest him.
- The toxic flammable gas is exactly like the Pyrovision from the video game Team Fortress 2.
- This is the first time the Cannon Penis is mentioned by someone else than SMG4 (Mario in this case) and also outside of a video which focus on the Bad Star (not counting the appearance of the Pingas Cannon, similar to the Cannon Penis, in the blooper "Smexy Soccer"), although it doesn't appear physically here.
(The remastered intro start)
Mario: Game Over!
(At the MMMP, the polices, guards try to find Villager.)
(At the Mario's House, Mario is wake up.)
Mario: Good morning, FATTIES!!!
(Mario is dancing, doesn't care about the news were report of Villager. Then he's heading to the fridge. Inside the fridge having rock and cobweb, instead of spaghetti. That's make Mario screaming, panic.)
Luigi: Hey Mario!!!
(Mario is looking at Luigi, and furiously got Luigi.)
Mario: Luigi, I'M GOING TO RAPE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Mario: Hey bro. Where's the spaghetti at???
Luigi: (can't breath) Uhh...hobo stole them...
(Luigi is been throw outside.)
Mario: I got shit to do!
(Meanwhile, At the Spaghetti Cuisine.)
Owner: Well...time to lock up!
(Suddenly, the owner look at an furiously Mario is heading to him.)
Mario: Hey, Mr. Spaghetti man!
Owner: (trying to lock the door) Oh SHIT! Oh SHIT! Oh SHIT!
(Mario is now HEADSHOT the owner, being crashed.)
Mario: (walking to castle) If you need spaghetti, you're gonna have to steal it yourself...
(Mario doesn't care about the notice banner.)
Mario: YO Peach! You have some of that "sexy" spaghetti? You can rub it on my body if you want!!!
Toad: (clean up the castle) Oh, Hey Mario!
(Meanwhile, All the wanted posters about Villager has fill all over Smexy Town. An cop caught the wrong guy (Balloon Boy). Another cop had finally found Villager. But the Villager is trying to ESCAPE by enter an Warp Pipe that leads to the castle. Villager is now come in the castle.)
Policeman: Target has entered the castle!!!
FM54321: Lock it down!!!
(Police Steve is locking down all the castle doors, windows, and Mario was suprised when he knew that the castle has no spaghetti left.)
Mario: looks like its smuggling spaghetti overseas again for me...Wow...did somebody forget their cage infront of the door...cause i CAN'T GET OUT!
Peach: What are you doing?! you're gonna destroy the castle!
Police Leader: we're not going to destroy it! it's only a pre-caution!
Policeman: This is the police! Come out now!
Police Leader: look...this prisoner is one of the most dangerous profile ones in the kingdom...
Toadsworth: what crimes did such a criminal commit to earn this status?
Police Leader: oh boy...
Mario: are you gonna touch my butt?
Toad: hey! i'm technically dead too! you know!
Mario: shut up toad! i'm trying to lament here!
Mario: you! you did this didn't you!
Mario: You son of a- all hell no!
Policeman: uhh sir...you might want to see this...
Police Leader: oh...a hostage huh? well, now we can't destroy the castle...SET IT ON FIRE!
Luigi: i just got lots-a-spaghetti!
SMG4: hey, have i uhh... missed anything?
Toadsworth: no not really.
FM54321: That's right! take her away! anyone else willing to obstruct with the police will be arrested!
FM54321: HOLY CRAP A PENGUIN! I LOVE PENGUINS
SMG4: alright, that should give you time for whatever.
Toadsworth: give me your phone! i think i can get mario out of there...
Mario: this call better have spaghetti in it!
Toadsworth: master mario! i think there's a way to get you out of there!
Mario: spit it out! my ass won't stay attached forever!
Toadsworth: this castle was built on top of an old mansion with a secret exit! the castle ventilation system should still be connected with it.
Mario: i found it!
Toadsworth: well...he's dead.
Toadsworth: time to go find the body! follow me!
Mario: Mama-mia, aren't I done yet? it's gonna be ok...just...just sing a happy song! (hums) OH JESUS CHRIST!
More to come