- This article is about the character. For the blooper, see Super Minecraft 64 Bloopers: Herobrine.
Physical DescriptionEditHerobrine looks almost exactly like Steve. Both are box-like pixelated humans with brownish skin and dark brown hair, and both wear the same deep blue trousers, gray shoes, and tucked-in short-sleeved cyan T-shirt. However, Herobrine's appearance is set apart from Steve by the former's blank eyes, which glow a bright white even in the dark. Thus, someone unaware of those small differences could easily mistake the two Minecraftians for each other, as Mario has.
- “A long time ago a traveler from afar was walking. Then the sky had a baby.”
- ―SuperMarioGlitchy4 in Herobrine
He reappears in the Halloween special, SM64 Halloween 2016 - SPAGHETTI.EXE for only some small time. After the Creepy Mario Statue summons him as well as some other creepypastas like the Tails Doll and Suicide Squidward, Herobrine is the first to face off Mario and Slendy, but he got punched by Slendy and died in a matter of seconds
Powers and AbilitiesEditAccording to creepypasta and myths, Herobrine cuts leaves off of trees and builds random pyramids in the game world. This behavior isn't shown at all in Herobrine. Instead, Herobrine gets his power from a full moon; at his strongest, he can create explosions and giant tornadoes. At sunrise, he loses this power, then burns up from the sunlight as a vampire would.
- Herobrine does not in fact appear in Minecraft, as this article confirms by discussing the game code.
- Herobrine appears to be creeped out by Notch. This detail may be a reference to the "Herobrine canon", in which Notch buries his brother after his death (but before he becomes Herobrine).