Donkey Kong (or DK for short) is an gorilla that wears a red tie with his short name (DK). He fought Mario in 1981 in the first commercially successful video game called Donkey Kong, altough later, he was stated to be Cranky Kong. The current Donkey Kong first appeared in Donkey Kong Country as the main protagonist, along with his nephew Diddy Kong. He appeared in some of SuperMarioGlitchy4's bloopers.
- Mini Italians (cameo)
- The race for the golden overalls
- The Mushroom Mafia
- The Wacky Wario Bros.: Wario's Treasure Hunting Time
- 99% beroken (cameo)
- The Toadassass-ination (cameo on Mario Kart 64)
- Ssenmodnar 9 (Time travel edition)
- Ssenmodnar 10 (350k apocalypse special)
- The Wacky Wario Bros.: Golfing for Gold
- SM64 Bloopers: The Pirate Plumbers (cameo)
- Super BACKWARDS Bros (as Koopa Troopa)
- ♫ The Ultimate Smash Bros ♫
- In Toadassass-ination, when Toad and Other Toad, Steve, Ben and Mario are playing Mario Kart 64, Donkey Kong can be seen on the game.
- Unlike in the first arcade games, where Mario fought with Cranky Kong, the current Donkey Kong is on friendlier terms with Mario in the spin-off games, despite a brief rivalry between the two in Mario vs Donkey Kong and its sequels. It is seemingly, more of a friendly rivalry, between Mario and Donkey Kong.
- There is some debate as to whether or not the Donkey Kong from the arcade games is Cranky Kong, and if Donkey Kong Jr. is the Donkey Kong we all know and love. If this is the case, then that would create a huge time paradox in Mario Tennis, where Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. are both playable together.
- In the beta of Donkey Kong 64, DK had a shotgun, but in The Wacky Wario Bros.: Wario's Treasure Hunting Time, he had a real gun, as well.
- Donkey Kong shoots anyone who steals his treasure as seen in The Wacky Wario Bros.: Wario's Treasure Hunting Time.
- He hates Wario because he stole his treasure once.